Want me to be your Beachbody Coach? Click HERE!
It's free!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Juice Fast.... day 3!

Well, I did it! I actually finished the Juice Fast! I woke up this morning 1.5lbs lighter than when I started. May not sound by much, but I usually lose .5-1 lbs a week. It's hard for me to lose weight, so 1.5lbs in 3 days is great! The weird thing is, last night I was starving....this morning, I didn't feel like eating anything at all. I made myself eat some oatmeal, then I didn't eat anything again until 330 pm...and only because my friend Rose pretty much bullied me into it. I knew I had to eat, but part of me was terrified of putting any weight back on.
Another nice effect of the cleanse...I didn't feel like taking a nap today. Usually I HAVE to take a nap when I come home from work, but today...I just didn't. I also didn't sneeze the first two hours of the day (allergies) like I normally would have.
Overall, I'm glad I did the 3 day fast and I'm proud of myself for finishing it. I will definetely do the 3 day fast again. I will definitely NOT do a 10 day or longer fast. I was miserable most of the 3 days, and I see no reason to put myself through it for any longer than 3 days.
What we DID decide is that we're going to try to eat a more plant-based diet. We're pretty healthy eaters most of the time, but we still have some sort of meat for dinner every night. After we come back from our little trip, I'll be cooking vegetarian dinners 3-4 days a week, and meat dishes 1-2 days a week .  We are also going to continue juicing...at least once a day.

That's all for today, I'll just leave you with this:

Never doubt yourself. Never think you're not capable of doing something. You can do anything if you make your mind strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment